Position Type: Part-time (15h/week)
Contract Type: Fixed term contract until 31st of March 2017
Closing Date: 10th October 2016
To deliver high quality sports and activities aimed at addressing issues facing the local community, such as health improvement, crime prevention education and employment opportunities.
- Identify sport, recreation and health initiatives that will have a positive, lasting impact on the local community;
- Create opportunities for young people to take part in sports;
- Increase the number of young people accessing sport and physical activity with specific focus on hard to reach target groups;
- Ensure that the activities delivered bring together young people from all backgrounds;
- Liaise with local schools, youth clubs and community groups and deliver projects in partnership;
- Use sport as a positive engagement tool to reduce anti-social behaviour and improve engagement with education;
- Mentor young people and offer guidance around training and job opportunities with a sport focus;
- Organise, deliver and promote relevant activities and events;
- Evaluate and monitor activities delivered
- Maintain records and produce written reports
- Identify relevant sources of funding and write funding applications based on local needs;
- Assist with the day-to-day community management requirements of the YMCA, dealing with emergencies in an efficient and appropriate manner.
- Support the community team by contributing to and assisting with the delivery of relevant activities;
- Record all incidents and disturbances in accordance with YMCA’s policies and procedures, deal with any emergency which may occur during the shift and contact relevant services and Community Manager if required.
- Participate and contribute effectively to teamwork generally ensuring that responsive and flexible services are provided to service users in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
For full details please download the application pack below.
Please send your application to email@example.com CVs will not be considered.